Over the years we’ve been engaged in a number of discussions in which the ‘readability’ of URIs was raised, either as an issue with non-readable URIs or as a requirement in new URI schemes. At the Registry, we understand and are sensitive to the desire for human readability in URIs. However embedding a language-specific label [...]
Articles in category 'Multiple language vocabularies'
A prerequisite for the registering of our terms in the NSDL Registry and one of the greatest challenges for the German National Library at the moment is the translation of the RDA elements and vocabularies. Since bibliographic description is executed with a highly specialised vocabulary, we are finding that the process of pinpointing the appropriate [...]
We’ve been thinking for some time about how to implement multi-lingual (and multi-script) vocabularies in the Registry. Some Registry users have been experimenting with language and script capability for some time (see Daniel Lovins’ Sandbox Hebrew GMD’s). But it was really when we started working with the RDA vocabularies that we got serious about multi-linguality. [...]